Opinions, suggestions, wishes for the new server


Recommended Posts

I think it would be nice if we can collect opinions, suggestions and wishes for the new server.
It is certain that not everything will be feasible, but what is not known cannot be changed / adapted. 
Under no circumstances should this be understood as criticism - only opinions, hints and suggestions

First of all - a big thank you to @i-G.Sitting Duck  for all the effort and time to get the new server up and running. Great work!
It's great to play on new maps and I know there will be more maps to come. I'm also excited about the new weapons and perks. That makes a lot of fun! 


Now to my wishes / questions:

  • most important for me: it's really very difficult to hit an opponent at the moment.
    Apparently, players with a low ping are essentially at an advantage. Is there anything going to be changed?

 

  • in class configuration you could previously select overkill, so that you had two rifles, for example. could have an assault rifle and a sniper. Apparently only one rifle and one pistol can now be selected. Is it possible to adjust overkill somehow?

 

  • sometimes a player disappears while jumping. I thought it might be because of my graphics setting or something, but other players confirmed this situation to me. It doesn't always happen, but sometimes. Is there an explanation for this?

 

  • on the old server, a map lasts  20 minutes.
    On the new one, we only have each map for 10 minutes. For my feeling it is a little too long on the old server and a little too short on the new one ...  🙂   I would suggest 15 minutes.

 

 

Edited by i-G.Leon
completion
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

As an individual who has played on the AD servers and understand where their servers are heading, I can see great things coming to i-G due to the collaboration between clans.

Sitting Duck and DirtyDog seem to work extremely well together and I look forward to seeing all the new things brought in to these new servers.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's possible to do something with the Autoknife, it would be great !
I had a long fight vs @i-G.Motorizer last night with many attemps that would have been succesfull in the old server. (And most of all he finally knifed me, which should not be tolerated on this new server 😜 )

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @i-G.Leon's suggestions for the server. Apart from the obvious gravity setting which would be nice to have like the old server, I would bring back the killcam.

There's also certain situations where if you've just jumped and jump again right away then you don't jump as high. I don't know if this is normal or tweakable but it's something I noticed.

Thanks again to @i-G.Sitting Duck, doing great work my friend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, i-G.Jo7 said:

If it's possible to do something with the Autoknife, it would be great !
I had a long fight vs @i-G.Motorizer last night with many attemps that would have been succesfull in the old server. (And most of all he finally knifed me, which should not be tolerated on this new server 😜 )

well, I think it was okay that way xD  it was a nice dance :)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the new server, it's so much fun especially due to the new guns and more options to choose from. But I would like to have the game physics of the old server as it is hard to hit someone who's mid air with a sniper on the new one.  At the moment the sniper is very useless, because you can only kill someone if he stand still for a second. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My only BIG wish for the new server is at least to get there ;)). Keep getting message -

Key code in use. Please try later

. I have not this problem on the old server. I have never shared the key with anyone. I have followed the community suggestion to re-enter my key code - doesn't help,  to delete codkey file in registry - lost my statistic, but the main problem is still with me. Would like to get any suggestions/ solution to resolve the issue.  

Thanks in advance for the help

S3quoia

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, S3quoia said:

My only BIG wish for the new server is at least to get there ;)). Keep getting message -


Key code in use. Please try later

. I have not this problem on the old server. I have never shared the key with anyone. I have followed the community suggestion to re-enter my key code - doesn't help,  to delete codkey file in registry - lost my statistic, but the main problem is still with me. Would like to get any suggestions/ solution to resolve the issue.  

Thanks in advance for the help

S3quoia

I also know this message. I mostly have it, if the server crashed or if I lost connection (internet temporarly down) It doesn't happen very often - but it happened again the day before yesterday and also on the new server (I could still log in on the old one...).
Normaly the problem solves by it self after you waitet a few minutes. To me it also works, when I restart my internet router / -moden. Just turn off the internet router for a moment or pull out the power adapter, wait a while, and then plug it back in. Then restart the game.
Please try out, I hope it will help, if the issues still exists.
good luck!

Edited by i-G.Leon
Link to post
Share on other sites

@S3quoia I also had this problem and I've read that this comes from games purchased on the Apple Store due to the fact that apple don't handle/issue key codes anymore.

My workaround is that I installed Steam, bought the game again from the platform for 20$ and now works well.

Hope to crush see you in game soon my friend :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, i-G.ZIGFRIED said:

@S3quoia I also had this problem and I've read that this comes from games purchased on the Apple Store due to the fact that apple don't handle/issue key codes anymore.

My workaround is that I installed Steam, bought the game again from the platform for 20$ and now works well.

Hope to crush see you in game soon my friend :-)

you may also try to trash the com.aspyr.callofduty4.plist  file located in the user/library/preference folder

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all of you for the input. Will try to follow all advises received.

Yesterday I have told Redgun and Dilly about the new server - they've tried to join the new server right away.

But the result was the same as mine - both have received the KEY CODE IN USE message.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Leader
On 10/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, i-G.ZIGFRIED said:

I agree with @i-G.Leon's suggestions for the server. Apart from the obvious gravity setting which would be nice to have like the old server, I would bring back the killcam.

There's also certain situations where if you've just jumped and jump again right away then you don't jump as high. I don't know if this is normal or tweakable but it's something I noticed.

We have to accept that this is never going to be exactly like the old server but I am slowly learning how to alter things and eventually will get it as close as possible. I have altered the jump speed so that should be better. The first jump is the highest and if you keep jumping it reduces. This is due to energy reducing and is normal for this mod. I actually like this feature but haven't yet found out how to alter  it.

I am checking re undermap in Arbo. I can see that it can be done but can you kill from there?

I am  going to have lessons on map adjustment so that I can stop access to places  or send back to respawn etc.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, i-G.Sitting Duck said:

We have to accept that this is never going to be exactly like the old server but I am slowly learning how to alter things and eventually will get it as close as possible. I have altered the jump speed so that should be better. The first jump is the highest and if you keep jumping it reduces. This is due to energy reducing and is normal for this mod. I actually like this feature but haven't yet found out how to alter  it.

I am checking re undermap in Arbo. I can see that it can be done but can you kill from there?

I am  going to have lessons on map adjustment so that I can stop access to places  or send back to respawn etc.

Thank you @i-G.Sitting Duck, looking forward to trying the new jump settings. I also don't mind the "energy" setting. Makes you be more judicious with your jumping.

Re: Arbo. Yes you can kill from there and in certain areas you can jump and end up back above ground. I think in most other maps if you exceed the bounds you fall into COD oblivion. That's when nades come in real handy 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Leader
3 hours ago, i-G.ZIGFRIED said:

one tip if you fall off map to oblivion, go to spectator then back in game as changing teams won't work because we're in FFA

I am working on the oblivion spots. Difficult but can be done. Just give me time I have found that by changing teams it does sometimes bring you out

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.