i-G.Charlie

Gaming on Mac using Boot Camp...

I am curious to know if any of you game on a Mac using Boot Camp to run Windows.  Any suggestions?  My son is looking to perhaps get a used iMac to use but would install Windows on it to do some gaming with boot camp.  Not sure what to tell him with regards to which video cards to avoid or which would be preferred.  Thanks for any insights you all may have.

Interesting question but to be honest, I would not run Windows on a intel Mac. 
You will face issues of some kind. 
Just get a pc for gaming and have the Mac separate for other things. Just my thought.

i'm not sure, but I think Pollo is  running windows on his mac to play COD4  
maybe I mix some up, but I think he had issues after updating his mac to play COD4 and so he is using a kind of virtual windows machine on his mac... 

Yeah, Pollo plays on his Mac but not using Windows.  I was just curious if anyone does use a Mac to game and does their gaming using Boot Camp.  Thanks Leon.

I've personally never tried using Boot Camp, but depending on which version of MacOS you're running, it can cause some issues as Jasper stated above. I had one friend who did try to use boot camp on his Mac, and it pretty much destroyed it in a way. Whenever he tried to play CoD4 or any game in general, he would be stuck on anything below 10fps. 

On 4/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, i-G.Charlie said:

Yeah, Pollo plays on his Mac but not using Windows.  I was just curious if anyone does use a Mac to game and does their gaming using Boot Camp.  Thanks Leon.

yesterday night I asked Pollo, and he confirmed to me, that he is playing COD4 via Windows7 on his Mac. But he is using "Parallels Desktop", not Boot Camp 
He said, it works fine to him...  

• Like 1