general

taking break from waw server

I'll be taking a break from the waw server.  Every night every map I get called disrespectful names from regulars and randoms.  I've been asked to ignore them but it's hard to do when I see it all night long. 

Tonight there were about 5 of us on.  I have Moomarboomar calling me names.  gegewoo name calling.  both complaining about my play style all night long even though they don't understand I do move when enemy might have drop on me or I have to flip the map.  Moomarboomar and Mr_Sn0wy both going to spectate and giving enemy hints or flat out location where I am and rejoin to shoot me out of spots.  Many rules broken every map.  Disrespecting, complaining, specate abuse etc.

If it was once a night I'd be able to ignore them.  It is every map doesn't matter if I hide, camp, push etc they always find something to complain about and most the time they are inaccurate in what they are complaining about. 

Mr_Sn0wy's actions surprised me the most tonight. Instead of asking them to follow rules, he joined them and abused spectate on downfall and makin night.  I didn't record but I have screenshots of him in spectate then joining enemy side and sniping me.  unacceptable.

General

Sorry to hear about this General. 
This indeed is a sad thing and will try to find a solution. Thanks for letting us know and we will keep you updated in short time.

Jazz

@general

Sorry, I am not much help in that area as most time it during the early hours of the morning for me.

My suggestions is to record yourself with the going on, do the calladmin on each of the players (this will give us the guid of these players with their name) and post the evidence onto the forum.

It is difficult sometimes for us to get on at the same time as you, however that kind of behavior is not acceptable, so if you could please do some recording of it and we can then decide whether it warrant a harsh penalty such as a perm ban or a temp ban.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

ty for the kind words. I don't know what else to do but think I am the problem when health of server is put in perspective.  I'm a good player and other good players don't like that I adapt to get the better of them.  when I play I always chat saying ns (nice shot) nn (nice nade) etc or explain what the enemy did to give self away or how I knew their position or why I advance when I do.  I enjoy trying to help raise the talent lvl on the server and I try to be humble. I don't rub it in someones face.  A few times I've taken as much abuse from players I can take and I defend myself but it's not enjoyable atmosphere to deal with.

but taking a break might be healthy for me at this point. don't want to make huge issue. mentioning it so its known. healthy release of steam I guess :) ty again

• Thanks 1

ty redrose.

it is almost every map I get called names or complained about. I try to resist the calladmin command bc I know everyone has busy lives and this is small petti stuff but hearing it night in and night out gets old. I want to relax and play some games.  I do a good job ignoring but when you see someone type rude comments and others joining in and more and more joining the tide to say mean things to me.  Makes me question why I'm playing with them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought about it a few years ago (brace yourself on this next name) when grillby became admin.  He became admin while i had my app in and i thought he would be good and he was for a time.  I took my app down bc life got busy.  Your clan use to keep a list of banned players, guid, reason and who caught them etc.  I had probably 100 confirmed catches and 4 not acted for lack of evidence or doubt. and I think a few of them later were confirmed.  I don't think id be a good admin bc I'm very strict.  If a rule is broken a rule is broken and its tough for me to make that judgement call and I don't want to restrict the server if that makes sense.  I'm a pretty good helper role to identify who raises flags with their game play or causing issues.

• Like 1

You do not have to accept this rude kind of behavior and these players needs to be put in their place. Those kind of abuse is not acceptable in any games even the world.  It is bullying.

Please do use the warning system and allow us to make the judgement on these players.  They may be doing it to a lot of other people aside from you too on our servers and we will not tolerate that if it going to impact us in a bad way.

We care about our players and their fun.

Please do consider becoming a Mod if you are not interested in the admin side of things.

Maybe take a week off then come back and help us with the evidence :)

• Like 2

I'm a bit touched and feel a little guilty.  I was bracing for some comments about toughening up and I must be doing something to provoke it.  But everything is encouraging and I feel a bit like a leach.  I don't donate for this unique platform you offer with high jump.  Money is tight with me and going through tough times trying to adjust to civilian life again. 10 years and I'm not out of woods yet.  I don t want to open up too much but try to give you some of my background so you understand how much your kindness does affect me in good way.

Im thinking of that Rambo line "you just don't turn it off"

I'll reflect a bit next week or two or month.  Clearer mind with some time passing by will be good.

Thank you all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I could not get on today. I know I have said just try and ignore it, but I didn't really know what else to do, waw is short of players and I thought some of our more regular played would not act like this...

• Like 2

Sorry to see you go, General. I check the player list everyday in hopes to see you on (That is not a lie! you are my favorite person to play with and against)

As for the complaint, I would like to add that I was not joining spectator mid match, i was in spectator in downfall because the environment was already extremely hostile when i joined, and I hate that map when people are camping. You are correct that I should have been more proactive in stopping the volatile behavior, and i apologize for this. I have been harassed on other servers for mini-modding, so i tend not to do so on all the servers I join. 
When I spawned in the game, I was sure to atleast have you snipe me once or twice before i tried to countersnipe you, which was more than fair. Additionally, I didn't purposefully join their side. I just joined in when I wanted to, which was a coincidence it happened 2 matches in a row. After you left on Makin night, i swapped sides and played against them. You are correct that I gave the enemy a hint on Makin night. I was afk for the first minute or so, and then gave the hint, and i quote, "He is doing his thing". Instead of being spectator, it would've looked better to leave the game when afk, and then join back in.

Again, sorry to see you go. We had some great times on this server, even though i have been playing for only a few months.

Best regards,
MR_SN0WY

Sammas you do more than enough.  You and Xeph always quick to respond and I try my best to absorb what I can.  If it's a random person who name calls me I let it roll off. but when it's regulars as the three names I've mentioned in post are on pretty regularly.  those opinions hold more weight and do get to me eventually.

• Like 2

I can accept that mr_snowy.  sry I was on defense as you saw when you logged in. and sometimes text can be translated or interpreted wrong. 

that makes sense seeing it from your perspective what was going on mr_snowy.  that makes me feel much better. I was crushed when I thought of it other way. again sry I questioned your integrity

@general please have a peaceful and enjoyable break, just remember, we are here for you and look forward to you returning sooner than later.  Please don't let it get to you and I will see you again when you return with all guns blazing :)

2 minutes ago, general said:

that makes sense seeing it from your perspective what was going on mr_snowy.  that makes me feel much better. I was crushed when I thought of it other way. again sry I questioned your integrity

You have every right to question my integrity since I didn't to anything to improve the situation, and I do apologize for that. I do also want you to know that I hold nothing against you (except that gg ez at the end lol), and that I really hope to play with you again in the near future.
Take as much time as you need off, i will be here to play when you get back.
-MR_SN0WY

@general I'll try to be a little more tough on them about that. Sometimes it's hard to judge what is the proper punishment for a situation, but maybe it's time for some of the repeat offenders to get more than a day's ban. It really gets on my nerves too when people behave like that. I come here to relax not be insulted for playing a game in a way that I find fun. Thanks for always being civil even when you have people insulting you and cheating when they don't get their way.

• Like 1