Guest STABBY

HELP with new update fro MAC OS Catalina!!!

Guest STABBY

HEY GUYS, 

Stabby here...I recently updated my Apple Mac to the Catalina 10.15.1 64 bit version and now they wont even let me open the COD game because its 32 bit! 

I desperately looked everywhere to no solution. I'm hoping someone on here knows something or anything so that I can keep playing.

If anyone can help that would be amazing, if not, then that's the last of my stabbing days. 

Thanks all in advance. 

29 minutes ago, Guest STABBY said:

HEY GUYS, 

Stabby here...I recently updated my Apple Mac to the Catalina 10.15.1 64 bit version and now they wont even let me open the COD game because its 32 bit! 

I desperately looked everywhere to no solution. I'm hoping someone on here knows something or anything so that I can keep playing.

If anyone can help that would be amazing, if not, then that's the last of my stabbing days. 

Thanks all in advance. 

I think you should look at '32lives' from 'Soundradix', however I'm not sure it also bridges standalone apps as COD4 from 32 to 64 bit but you can have a look. 
Let me bring up the link: https://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives/

It's however working great for my 32bit sound plugins. 

Hi. I assume you read all this...? https://ninja-gaming.ninja/index.php?/topic/2713-do-not-upgrade-to-catalina-os/&tab=comments#comment-20535

Unfortunately short of creating an external bootable Mojave system just with COD on it, there is no way of running the COD program on your Mac as it is.  The reboot method works fine but is a pain in the ass. The plugin emulators referenced above are just a shell which wraps around those plugins only. It's all within the domain of that program.  You would need an entire system wide emulator. If you can backpedal to Mojave for now then I would stay there if you can for a little while.

However, as per my last entry in that post above, utilising Parallels and a Windows 10 environment works great and is not too difficult to set up.  I'll be adding to that post above in the coming days as I fine tune my Mojave to get 64 bit clean before an upgrade to Catalina. (COD will be the last to go 😉).  However that upgrade for me is likely to be a reasonable time away because Catalina is too flakey at the moment and I aint jumping that fence yet!

I'll try and provide a simple tutorial at the bottom of that other post for those that are keen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, he must have missed that post.  Anyway, does COD4 run smoothly using Parallels?  I have not considered that since I do not use that program currently and I am not looking to upgrade to Catalina.  Mojave works for me so I am sticking with that for some time.  I do not trust Apple to roll out a new OS without it having significant bugs in it. 

Thanks for flagging this and sorry you had to find out the hard way. For few years now I've been reluctant to upgrade any Mac OS as I know it will inevitably break something that works just fine as is. Good job Apple! That and removing headphones jacks on iphones ... *facepalm*

See you all in game soon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2019 at 9:14 PM, i-G.Charlie said:

Yeah, he must have missed that post.  Anyway, does COD4 run smoothly using Parallels?  I have not considered that since I do not use that program currently and I am not looking to upgrade to Catalina.  Mojave works for me so I am sticking with that for some time.  I do not trust Apple to roll out a new OS without it having significant bugs in it. 

It runs extremely well. Parallels gives access to the 3D Hardware and it runs smoothly. I allow Parallels to have access to 2 of the 4 processor cores and bearing in mind its a game from last decade it is just perfect. The other 2 processor cores easily maintain all the background activity for the rest of the macOS. 32GB RAM gives it all plenty of room to work. I have been running Catalina beta's on my laptop separately from my iMac and the latest releases are quashing the bugs quite well. Lazy developers are whining a bit but they were given plenty of warning. It's a big change Apple has made to give themselves the 'cleanest' and subsequently most efficient commercial operating system for the next 5-10 years. This new efficiency greatly helps many programs but even more so apps like Parallels because there is less overhead in macOS which means more CPU cycles are available to the virtual machines.

In the next month or so I bite the bullet and migrate. A big change but as I mentioned, my COD 4 is working well in the Windows 10 virtual machine. (Actually I am wondering if it might even run better in my clean Windows 7 virtual machine. Interesting thought... Anyway I digress!) I just have to put in my shortcut keys for various VIP commands I use in to my Windows COD, then give it a little more testing and then make the switch! I like the idea that I can have my game playing in front of me in Windows whilst my Mac apps are sitting there on the second screen doing their thing and I can monitor them!

Now if I can just add another 24hrs to each day then I can get all of this and the rest of my To Do list completed!  

• Haha 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.